Wednesday, January 14, 2015

September-November 2014


-SEPTEMBER-

We all were drenched on the way home from school. It's a lot of fun. 
The boys love it when it happens.

Sometimes, Liam get's an audience while he does homework.

Caden will not take regular naps, but there are days when I can tell it will be a nightmare if he doesn't have one. Sometimes he falls asleep on his own. Other times, I have to tuck him in when he has turned into a basket case.

Ronan turned 4. He wanted balloons for his birthday.

I love this kid's smile. And he's so sturdy!


He wanted berries on his cake.

And whipped cream.

Liam got to go to the Maker Fair with Nate.


-OCTOBER-

Pirates, pretend sleeping.

I needed naps. Also, I couldn't stand to have my belly covered!

Caden sleeping for real.

We decided to put a sandbox on our front porch to give the boys an alternative to digging in the neighbors yard.

Cutie snuck down stairs after being tucked in bed. 
How are we supposed to resist that sweet little arm around the neck?


Sometimes, I just have to laugh when I see how they decide to sleep.


When the room is a disaster, "the dragon game" is the go to motivator. We rake the toys into a pile and Daddy or one of the boys is nominated to be "the dragon" defending his hoard while "the dwarves" try to steal away his treasures and put them away.

This time, Caden was the dragon.

Owen got a little to bouncy on the bed and we hadn't put caps on the posts yet.

Caden was a knight for Halloween.

Ro was a space ranger. Liam was a dwarf. Owen a ninja turtle. Nate was a bearded seaman.

And I was a pregnant witch.

With an awesome duct tape witch hat!

Then there was Trick-o-treating...

and enjoying their booty...


and a sticky mess to deal with!


-NOVEMBER-

This was a major part of my every day life since September when my class started.

My mini art station that is taking over the family room.

We've been able to be pretty consistent with the bed time routine lately. Mostly thanks to Nate's diligence. We watch an illustrated scripture story on the iPad, each boy gets to  read one verse in the scriptures and then we brush teeth and have family prayer. This is the usual bedtime transport.

I think soon Nate will be splitting it into two smaller trips most of the time.

These guys get to take naps together. I'm not sure which one I"m more jealous of!


Cabbage leaf hats for our entertainment.

These guys wanted to make some body art before we went to pick up their brothers.

Caden loves his baby brother.


No comments: