Friday, August 19, 2011

Catch Up: Jan-Sep 2010

I know that it has been forever since the last time I posted but I have a pretty good set of excuses! I will summarize the last 20 months (gosh that's long!) over a series of several posts.


January we moved in to our apartment in Wymount and started the winter semester. We had decided I would go full time and Nathan part time for three semesters and two terms and then he would graduate in April 2011 and I would finish up my degree long distance. Even though Nathan was taking fewer classes he still had work so things were really tough and we had to get some help watching the boys regularly or loose sleep and some times a combination of both. We also found out I was pregnant!


February Owen learned to walk at 10 months old. The picture is at the duck pond south of campus. We were giving him some support as he learned.


In April was the end of winter semester, Owen turned one year old, and my brother got married to an adorable young woman.


In May, Nate started taking the boys for hikes up the canyon. Even though I was getting larger with child, I accompanied them on one of their expeditions. The boys wanted to spend most of their time throwing rocks in the river.


May


June was the end of spring term and my load finally lightened a little (but not completely) for summer term. I know Nathan appreciated it too after being Mr. Mom for 6 months.


In August and September, things got really crazy right before fall semester Nathan was asked to go to Orlando for two weeks to do some work on site for Tupperware. Classes were starting and we couldn't find a babysitter and I was due in two weeks. So we took Liam and Owen to stay with my family and drove back the same day. I dropped Nathan off at the airport the following day (Sunday).
I started my classes all alone. It was the strangest feeling to be the only one at home and be a lone person with no kids attached (it was lonely). The next weekend, my brother and new sister-in-law (who also go to BYU) were having a late reception at my parents house, so I went down with them to see the boys and attend the reception and then we drove back for school.
I picked up Nate at the airport the next Friday night. Saturday we drove down to pick up the boys and drove back Sunday after Sacrament Meeting and were home in time to get some rest for classes the next day. Or so we thought...

No comments: