Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Avatar

We just went to see Avatar at an Imax theater last night. Grandma stayed home and watched Liam and Owen While the rest of the family went to the movie. I was bouncing and skipping as I walked to the movie feeling so light and it dawned on me that this was the first time I had been away from my babies in almost 4 months! (And I haven't been without Owen for even longer) I know that sounds a little pathetic maybe but I didn't really want to ask someone to babysit when I didn't know anyone very well and Owen was only recently was old enough to leave behind.

I thought Avatar was pretty cool. I agree with Nathan's Dad when he said "I like it when the Indian's win", the basic plot isn't original but it's still an impressive thing to watch. I read a review that said Avatar was like a teenage boy's dream (rescue an alien race, get a hot alien girl to fall in love with you, etc...) I had to laugh at a couple parts because it made me think of that review, but it was still awesome. The Imax was in a furniture store called Jordan's furniture. I had never heard of anything like that before. They have put a lot of attractions in their store to get people to walk through and see their furniture and hopefully buy it. I think it's a pretty good idea.

I was totally entertained by the women's bathroom! There were full length mirrors on all the bathroom stall doors. When I went into the stall and sat down to do my business. I was very uncomfortable when I finally realized I was watching ladies washing their hands. I felt very exposed (even though I wasn't really) when ladies were checking their appearance in the "mirror" and it looked like they were looking at me! Totally Genius! I have been raving to everyone about how awkwardly cool one way mirrors in a bathroom are! They kept the stalls dark as an important element in keeping the privacy. Only down side is then you can't check to see if the seat is wet before you sit down.

No comments: