Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Goose Chase



I finished reading Goose Chase by Patrice Kindl yesterday morning. It was a cute fairytale, I enjoyed it a lot. Later that morning, I decided to draw while Liam took his morning nap. Since the story was still fresh in my mind, I picked a scene from the book. I sketched it out in pencil and it turned out well so I decided to continue with colored pencils. I finished by the end of the day, but I'm not sure how long it actually took to complete, since progress is really on and off when you have a little one to chase around. No, the girl is not Rapunzel, she's a goose girl. But she does have magic hair, which she persuaded to grow so she could escape a dungeon. Her hair wasn't shrinking fast enough so she and her companions had to grab as much as they could and run for it. I can't tell you the whole story, so you will have to read it if you want to know more. The photo is not as good as it could be. Over all, I 'm pleased with how it turned out.

No comments: