Friday, May 15, 2009

graham crackers



Here is a video of Owen. He is now a month old. He's cuter than ever and and doing great. Sorry about the car noise in the background in the video, I had the front door open to let light and air inside. Liam absolutely loves Owen (he calls him "oh-wee"!). If I hadn't taken this video while Liam was napping, you probably wouldn't have been able to see Owen because Liam would have been all over him. I think they are going to be good friends.
I am pretty much recovered and I feel pretty good. I have been walking the 15 blocks up to school with Owen tied to me for my photography class on Mondays and Wednesdays. I also try to go running twice a week, if you can call my pathetic attempt running. I was so out of shape when I started a week and half ago, I could barely manage to jog a whole block and had to walk for 3 or 4 blocks before I could jog another. Now I can jog 3 blocks together and only have to walk for 2 or 3 in between. So at least there's improvement.
The past month I have tried making some different kinds of breads. I made some bedouin flat bread (kinda like pita bread), they weren't perfect but we enjoyed them. I also made wheat crackers that were good but a little dense (I will make improvements on both recipes next time hopefully). And finally, I made graham crackers last night that turned out wonderful! They were better than store bought (of course), buttery, and you couldn't even tell it was made with wheat flour.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So adorable! Glad to see you are all doing well and that Liam is adjusting to Owen with such zeal. Hope to see you all back East sometime!

Cheers,
-Jaime

Shaina said...

I second Jaime's comment...adorable! And was the bedouin flat bread you made called lafa? there's a lot of it here in Israel, it's WONDERFUL. i'm kind of in awe of you making graham crackers, i may have to try that some day!

come back to boxborough to visit! pleeeeeeeeease?